Unlike the previous guides where I didn't use genes, In this one I am going to use them. Why? Because without the use of genes my success rate is completely random and I can't seem to find a sure way of finishing without the use of genes.
You could still experiment with the gene setup though, although I highly recommend using "Patho-Stasis". This particular gene stops the increase of DNA costs of abilities which we're heavily relying on. It will keep Spore Burst costs at 1 DNA.
Let's get started.
My gene setup:
Metabolic Jump - You can experiment with this, I only chose to use this gene so every red and orange bubble is automatically popped. When using the fungus' spore abilities, the red bubbles show up immediately all at once and I tend to have a hard time pressing them all.
Suppression - Helps the plague spread through country borders. Self-explanatory.
Patho-Stasis - See explanation above.
Genetic Mimic - Either this or Creationist. I had this one on to keep cure rate at a minimum
Hydrophile - I'm not really sure which gene I should put here. This one is completely random
Start the plague in China
- High population, an airport and a port, and because starting a world-ending plague in China seems realistic.
Evolve the following abilities in this order:
- Water and Air Transmission 1
- Drug, Heat, and Cold Resistance 1
- Go crazy on spore burst and keep evolving them until you get Spore Hardening
- Drug, Heat, and Cold Resistance 2
- Environmental Hardening
Now, we wait for the whole world to be infected by the Fungus. While waiting, keep devolving any symptom that mutates.
- If some chance you come across the world being all red and your infected counter stops moving but you haven't seen the "no one is healthy" pop-up. Don't worry, it's probably because a calamity(Tsunami, earthquake,etc.) has killed some people. If this happens, just continue on when the counter stops moving and the world is completely red
Once everyone is infected by our fungus, it's time to evolve some symptoms:
- What you want is to have Total organ failure, Coma, and Insanity.(Maybe even Necrosis)
- This is what I had Coughing, Pneumonia, Pulmonary Oedema, Pulmonary Fibrosis, Total Organ Failure, Coma, Diarrhoea, Dysentery, Insanity, Seizures
- Basically, you'd want your plague to be as fatal as possible since everyone in the world is already infected.
After getting the necessary symptoms for your Fungus plague, start allocating your DNA towards Genetic Re-shuffles to lessen the cure rate. I think that by doing this you'll get a much higher score.
Anyway, just watch everyone die from a fungus.
Here's my stats when I finished.
23% cure progress
If you guys have any tips or better way of finishing fungus in brutal difficulty, post them on the comments below and I'll give them a try. I'll include the ones that work in the guide.