8/3/14

Plague Inc.[Submitted Guide] Ice Age: Bacteria Mega-Brutal (Insane Bolt Achievement, as well!)

blogger
This guide has been written and submitted by Thomas Yeu. Submit your own guide to us now via our submit section!

Spicy's Comments: Amazing guide that not only lets you win a scenario, but also nets you an achievement as well. Please remember to comment and rate the guide for its improvement.

Ice Age Mega-Brutal:Bacteria


I have tried other plague types on the Ice Age scenario but they always fail to infect Iceland and Greenland quick enough. So I though if I use the Bacteria’s special abilities together with Cold 1 and 2, it should help. Getting Extreme Bioaerosol early helps to get those 2 countries infected as early as possible. Necrosis helps infection in those 2 countries as the dead people also infect. That’s all. Thanks!

Gene Setup
--------------

  • ATP Boost
  • Aquacyte
  • Sympto-Stasis
  • Darwinist
  • Extremopile


1.) Before start, evolve

  • Nausea 
  • Rash
  • Sweating


2.) Start in India (3 Aug 2014) the date signifies the time he started, just to clear that up. 

3.) Evolve the following as soon as you have the required DNA

  • Cysts
  • Abscesses
  • Vomiting
  • Coughing - Projectile vomiting combo likely to pop to increase infectivity
  • Pneumonia
  • Anaemia
  • Haemophilia
  • Sneezing
  • Hypersensitivity
  • Skin Lesions
(16 Oct 2014) (1.4 mil infected in India)


4.)  Evolve

  • Water 1 
  • Air 1
  • Baterial Resilience 1 and 2 

(30 Nov 2014)

5.) Evolve

  • Water 2 
  • Air 2
  • Extreme Bioaerosol


6.) Evolve Bird 1, get ready to pop a lot of red biohazards (3 Jan 2015)

7.) Evolve Bacterial Resilience 3

8.) Evolve Cold Resistance 1, Drug Resistance 1, Cold Resistance 2

9.) Evolve Bird 2, Livestock 1, Drug 2

10.) Evolve Diarrhoea, Dysentery, Necrosis (so the corpses can infect the living)

11.) Evolve Insanity and Coma to increase infectivity within Greenland and Iceland, as well as slow cure progress. Paralysis and Fever help, too. (1 Apr 2015)

12.) Monitor the infection of Greenland and Iceland. Evolve Livestock 2 if necessary

13.) "There are no healthy people left in the world" - 1 May 2015

14.) Evolve Total Organ Failure, Hemorrhagic Shock, Internal Haemorrhaging

15.) Stats 
Time: 320 Days (Insane Bolt achievement)
Score 74795 (3 Biohazards, Complete Ice Age achievement)
Cure Progress 55%


2 achievements in one game :)

3 comments :

  1. Awesome Guide! Worked well for me, here are the end stats...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took Prion Mega-Brutal with the same strategie until point 3.)
    Then:
    Water 1 + Air 1
    Cold Res 1 + Drug Res 1 + Cold Res 2
    Necrosis
    Drug Res 2
    Water 2 + Air 2 + Extreme Bioaerosol
    Heat Res 1+2
    Environmental Hardening


    ... you should have about 3 months left now in order to achieve a one-year-finish.


    Look at the situation in the world now, it's up to you when you want to evolve the deadly symptoms.


    In my case, there was still Greenland and the Carribian Islands to infect, so I waited and was maybe also lucky to infect those islands quite quick. At the end, I won with with 3 biohazard under a year when i evolved the deadly symtoms with 2 months left. I had some days reserve at the end, maybe 45-50 days are enough to win. The last country I infected was Greenland (what a surprise *hehe*) and more than 50% have been infected before I evolved the deadly symtoms. DNS is not a problem at this point ;-)


    Maybe it works with other plagues in Ice Age Scenario, one has to try ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to mention, that I already followed many guides here and it worked most of the time *thumbs up* But... why the heck should I post a guide for the prion plague in the comments of a bacteria guide of the ice age scenario here?! I'll tell you why:
    I selected the scenario and the mega-brutal prion plague already, and then I just accepted the gene setup that I already used for the unknown origin scenario I played before... I was sure that there's an "Ice Age Prion" guide here. But there's none or I couldn't find it :D

    ReplyDelete