4/9/16

Farming the 0.01% Drop Nukella | Spicy Plays Tree of Savior

blogger
Farming a 0.01% chance to drop item is not an easy task. Korean MMO grinders really push you to your utmost limits in gaming.

Watch the video here:


After clearing the Novaha Assembly Hall map, I proceeded to farm the items needed for its collection. The other 5 were pretty easy to farm, but the last one, that dreaded Nutella. I had no clue at the time that I'd be spending the next 2 days of playing Tree of Savior trying to get a low chance to drop item just to complete a collection. Sometimes, I really hate that side of me that wants 100% completion on anything.

After scouring the interwebs for more information regarding "Nukella", all I really learned was that it dropped from Green Apparitions and that it dropped at the rate of 0.01%.

Seeing that very depressing drop chance, I readied myself mentally and began to find the best possible rotation in one area of the Novahall map. Luckily, I was able to find a spot that spawned a decent number of Green Apparitions every 2 minutes or so. Although that part of the map draws quite a bit of traffic from the players, because quest lines take them there, it was still pretty easy to get some kills once you got the spawn timers down.

After the 1st day of trying to get Nukella, I didn't think too much of it. The drop chance was 0.01%, there was no way it'd be that easy to get. Then day 2 came, I spent at least 8 hours rotating over and over again on my farm spot, even jumping channels from time to time. After the day, I was pretty worn out, I kept thinking back to days of Ragnarok and it's 0.01% drop chance on cards, which pretty much pushed people to use bots.

On the third day of the hunt, my farming morale was refreshed and I was ready to once again embark upon mindlessly killing green ghosts in the hopes of getting an item named after a popular chocolate spread. After, again, 8 hours of farming, I wanted to give up and just go to sleep, but that one monster popped up right it front of me. With a burst of skills, I brought it down, and right beside the dying animation of that monster dropped a sweet, sweet item. FINALLY!!


It was a tiring hunt, but in the end it was all worth it. I completed the Novahall collection and got a +1 on my Physical Defense stat. Yea, you read that right. PLUS ONE. I went through all that for a +1.

This isn't the first time I'll be doing this. Because according to this site, you'll still need Nukella for another map, it drops from a different monster, but with the same drop chance. I'm already mentally preparing myself.

Here's some more images of things somewhat related to me getting this item:

Took me about 4 thousand Green Apparitions kills.



I also had about 400 Corpse Hands and 30 Garnetts that dropped from that monster.

The hunt wasn't too bad. I got some levels, and a pretty good silver gain by selling the armor and accessory item that the apparition dropped. I was able to advance some of my attributes and even prepare myself with potions when going to dungeons.

Overall, it was a very rewarding experience.

Any tips for me on Tree of Savior? Comment them Below!

No comments :

Post a Comment